ETC Weekly Newsletter: Dev Update 10!
May 11, 2017
Links To Our Community
ETC Development Report
ETCDev Team: Weekly Report
(Geth) New command line args to clean/rollback blockchain
(Geth) Improved logging
(Geth) Internal release for testing
(Emerald) Use Address Book for transactions
(Emerald) Install Smart Contracts, show basic details and interaction
(SputnikVM) Working on confirming all official tests for EVM
ETCDEV Team has been working closely with the Ethereum Classic community, and wants to direct attention to the fact that part of the progress mentioned above was made by community members. We want to say special thanks to community members who also contributed this week; elaineo, gagarin55 and tranvictor
Recording of the Grothendieck Team meeting from May 9th, 2017.
The other stories featured in this newsletter are listed below:
- Provably fair ETC gaming platform launched.
- Force behind Ethereum Classic price wave: Community.
- Great post on reddit about investing in cryptocurrency.
- Digix To Return 465,000 ETC To DGD Token Holders.
- Crypto price analysis by Cointelegraph.
- Ethereum Classic For Investors #18 - What Is Stampery?
- Ethereum Classic For Investors #19 - Monetary Policy.
- [Korean exchange Bithumb announces support for ETC.](https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/05/08/korean-exchange-bithumb-announces-support-ethereum-classic-etc/
- Singaporean bitcoin options exchange Coinut adds ETC support.
- Check out ETC.today!
- Let’s talk ETC! Fridays.
- ETC looking for Rust and JS developers.
- Call To Action : Help with ETC Wikipedia page.
- Community metrics detailed at the bottom of this newsletter.
Also, now that monetary policy discussion has come to a close I would like to announce some ideas for more organized discussion on the following topics
- Marketing Mondays: Marketing centric discussion and ideas.
- Funding Talk Tuesdays: Funding centric debate and discussion.
- Dapper Devs Wednesdays: Dapp and development centric discussion.
- Think About It Thursdays: How can we accomplish what was discussed during the week.
- Free For All Fridays: Brainstorm/community questions/discussion open to anything.
Check out ETC.today!
Ethereum Classic Today! Your daily hit of ETC, Bitcoin, blockchain news and updates.
Let’s talk ETC! Every Friday.
Every Friday we will be discussing what’s going on in the ETC community and beyond. A link to the channel will be posted below, if you have ideas or questions please let us know. Thank you for subscribing to our latest updates and announcements!
Ethereum Classic is looking for Rust & JS developers.
Igor aka Splix is looking for talented Rust and JS developers. Full time, remote. Experienced developers, which can lead projects, make architectural decisions and help other team members to do their job. Self motivated and able to work in a distributed team on Open Source software together with the community.
“Call To Action” still in effect. Looking for community contributions for the ETC Wikipedia page.
Reddit user “bitp” has brought it to the communities attention that the “Ethereum Classic” Wikipedia link currently redirects to “Ethereum”. ETC community member /u/FaceDeer was previously a Wikipedia editor and has provided some insight on what should be done moving forward. One of his recommendations is that we start the process by adding to the Ethereum Classic section that is currently on the Ethereum Wikipedia page. ETC can then be given its own page after volunteers have submitted enough info. Please see his full post in the reddit thread linked below.
- Twitter - 35.6K followers.
- Reddit /r/EthereumClassic - 3,628 subscribers.
- Slack - 3,014 users.
- WeChat - 489 users.
- Miners - 2,017.97 Total GH/s
Top 5 miners by average hashrate from the previous 7 days.
- EtherMine 617.93 GH/s
- NanoPool 296.04 GH/s
- F2Pool 263.41 GH/s
- Clona Network 76.18 GH/s
- MiningPoolHub 60.47 GH/s