ETC Weekly Newsletter: New devs on ETCdev Team.
April 13, 2017
Links To Our Community
ETC Development Report
ETCDev Team: Weekly Report
(SputnikVM) First experimental project was finished. Started with second implementation
(Emerald) Private key extraction
(Emerald) Support for tokens
(Emerald) Transfer and approve tokens from same interface
(Emerald) Fully working transactions, with status update
(Emerald) Basic support for arbitrary contracts
(Emerald) Keystore read/store implementation
(Emerald) Paths configuration
(SputnikVM) New testing infrastructure
(SputnikVM) Implementation for most basic Operations
IOHK’s Grothendieck Team Report
- Recording of the Grothendieck Team meeting from April 11th, 2017.
The other stories featured in this newsletter are listed below:
- 2 additional developers joining the ETCDEV Team!
- Stampery uses ETC chain not Ethereum, help us with corrections to articles.
- Bitcoin Unlimited mining pool ICO terminated.
- Article on the white hat DAO refund.
- Let’s Talk ETC #13, Daniele Levi Discusses Stampery.
- Create and immutable record of existence on stamp.io
- Chart showing the current state of the DAO refund contract.
- TradeBlock’s ECX Index for Ethereum Classic now publicly available.
- Decentralized naming service on ETC.
- Article from Dr. Seberino
- Living Room of Satoshi now lets you pay any Australian bill directly with ETC.
- Explanation of recently discovered ERC20 tokens “bug”.
- Check out ETC.today!
- Let’s talk ETC! Tuesdays at 7:30pm EST.
- ETC looking for Rust and JS developers.
- Call To Action : Help with ETC Wikipedia page.
- Community metrics detailed at the bottom of this newsletter.
Also, now that monetary policy discussion has come to a close I would like to announce some ideas for more organized discussion on the following topics
- Marketing Mondays: Marketing centric discussion and ideas.
- Funding Talk Tuesdays: Funding centric debate and discussion.
- Dapper Devs Wednesdays: Dapp and development centric discussion.
- Think About It Thursdays: How can we accomplish what was discussed during the week.
- Free For All Fridays: Brainstorm/community questions/discussion open to anything.
2 additional developers are joining the ETCDEV Team.
Bitcoin Unlimited mining pool ICO terminated.
The Bitcoin Unlimited mining pool ICO launched by Chandler Guo has been terminated due to not reaching expected targets for funding.
Article on the white hat DAO refunds…
“The White Hat Group could receive $4.4 million next week….”
Stamp.io and record immutability.
“Create and immutable record of existence on stamp.io…”
DAO refund chart.
Chart showing the current state of the DAO refund contract.
Public ETC index released.
TradeBlock’s ECX Index for Ethereum Classic now publicly available.
Decentralized naming service on ETC.
Decentralized naming service has been released on ETC, check out the reddit post below for more details.
Article from Dr. Seberino.
“Ethereum Classic Public And Private Keys: A Little Enlightenment.”
Pay your bills with ETC.
Living Room of Satoshi now lets you pay any Australian bill directly with ETC.
ERC20 token “bug” explanation.
Explanation of recently discovered ERC20 token “bug”. The bug is specific to exchanges but it is still important to understand the implications and the causes.
Check out ETC.today!
Ethereum Classic Today! Your daily hit of ETC, Bitcoin, blockchain news and updates.
Let’s talk ETC! Every Friday.
Every Friday we will be discussing what’s going on in the ETC community and beyond. A link to the channel will be posted below, if you have ideas or questions please let us know. Thank you for subscribing to our latest updates and announcements!
Ethereum Classic is looking for Rust & JS developers.
Igor aka Splix is looking for talented Rust and JS developers. Full time, remote. Experienced developers, which can lead projects, make architectural decisions and help other team members to do their job. Self motivated and able to work in a distributed team on Open Source software together with the community.
“Call To Action” still in effect. Looking for community contributions for the ETC Wikipedia page.
Reddit user “bitp” has brought it to the communities attention that the “Ethereum Classic” Wikipedia link currently redirects to “Ethereum”. ETC community member /u/FaceDeer was previously a Wikipedia editor and has provided some insight on what should be done moving forward. One of his recommendations is that we start the process by adding to the Ethereum Classic section that is currently on the Ethereum Wikipedia page. ETC can then be given its own page after volunteers have submitted enough info. Please see his full post in the reddit thread linked below.
- Twitter - 33K followers.
- Reddit /r/EthereumClassic - 3,273 subscribers.
- Slack - 2,471 users.
- WeChat - 497 users.
- Miners - 1083.49 Total GH/s
Top 5 miners by average hashrate from the previous 7 days.
- EtherMine 359.43 GH/s
- NanoPool 153.14 GH/s
- F2Pool 102.94 GH/s
- MiningPoolHub 71.55 GH/s
- Coinotron 24.31 GH/s