ETC Weekly Newsletter: Dev Update + News from Bitkio.
March 29, 2017
Links To Our Community
ETC Development Report
ETCDev Team: Weekly Report
(Geth) Improved blockchain downloader and peer discovery
(Geth) Initial refactor to externalize Chain configuration
(Emerald) New account generator
(SputnikVM) EVM Test suite
(Emerald) Support for Tokens
(Emerald) Automatic builds, with strict rules to code quality
(SputnikVM) Implementation for basic Operations
IOHK’s Grothendieck Team Report
- Recording of the Grothendieck Team meeting from March 21st, 2017.
Let us know your thoughts!
The other stories featured in this newsletter are listed below:
- Bitkio is researching IoT solution using ETC.
- Poll from 8btc has ETC as #2
- DigixDAO ETC withdraw proposal
- Let’s Talk ETC #12, Proof of Proof
- Interesting twitter thread on ETC vs ETH
- Raiden network IoT demo.
- Check out ETC.today!
- Let’s talk ETC! Tuesdays at 7:30pm EST.
- ETC looking for Rust and JS developers.
- Call To Action : Help with ETC Wikipedia page.
- Community metrics detailed at the bottom of this newsletter.
Also, now that monetary policy discussion has come to a close I would like to announce some ideas for more organized discussion on the following topics
- Marketing Mondays: Marketing centric discussion and ideas.
- Funding Talk Tuesdays: Funding centric debate and discussion.
- Dapper Devs Wednesdays: Dapp and development centric discussion.
- Think About It Thursdays: How can we accomplish what was discussed during the week.
- Free For All Fridays: Brainstorm/community questions/discussion open to anything.
ETC IoT Research
Bitkio is researching IoT solution using ETC.
Geth Classic - 3.3.0 released.
A new version of Geth Classic, 3.3.0, has just been released.
New video from BitcoinMeister featuring discussion about ETC and other blockchain topics.
Article from americanbanker.com.
“Are crypto ‘tokens’ securities?”
Article from IOHK research.
“Proof refinement basics……”
Let’s Talk ETC - Episode 10.
Let’s Talk ETC! (Ethereum Classic) #10 featuring Charles Hoskinson & Roman Oliynykov discussing the recently released draft of the treasury proposal.
ETC #2 in recent poll.
Poll from 8btc, a popular Chinese cryptocurrency website, has ETC as #2.
Let’s Talk ETC #12
Dr. Seberino discusses ‘Proof of Proof’ with Justin Fisher and Max Sanchez of the Veriblock team.
Interesting twitter thread on ETC vs ETH.
Follow the link and let us know what your thoughts are.
Raiden network IoT demo.
Demo from the creators of the ‘Raiden Network’ showing a glimpse into the potential future of IoT solutions.
Check out ETC.today!
Ethereum Classic Today! Your daily hit of ETC, Bitcoin, blockchain news and updates.
Let’s talk ETC! Tuesdays at 7:30pm EST.
Every Friday at 2:00pm EST, we will be discussing what’s going on in the ETC community and beyond. A link to the channel will be posted below, if you have ideas or questions please let us know. Thank you for subscribing to our latest updates and announcements!
Ethereum Classic is looking for Rust & JS developers.
Igor aka Splix is looking for talented Rust and JS developers. Full time, remote. Experienced developers, which can lead projects, make architectural decisions and help other team members to do their job. Self motivated and able to work in a distributed team on Open Source software together with the community.
“Call To Action” still in effect. Looking for community contributions for the ETC Wikipedia page.
Reddit user “bitp” has brought it to the communities attention that the “Ethereum Classic” Wikipedia link currently redirects to “Ethereum”. ETC community member /u/FaceDeer was previously a Wikipedia editor and has provided some insight on what should be done moving forward. One of his recommendations is that we start the process by adding to the Ethereum Classic section that is currently on the Ethereum Wikipedia page. ETC can then be given its own page after volunteers have submitted enough info. Please see his full post in the reddit thread linked below.
- Twitter - 33K followers.
- Reddit /r/EthereumClassic - 3,203 subscribers.
- Slack - 2,173 users.
- WeChat - 493 users.
- Miners - 690.5 Total GH/s
Top 5 miners by average hashrate from the previous 7 days.
- EtherMine 222.48 GH/s
- NanoPool 93.87 GH/s
- F2Pool 71.99 GH/s
- NinjaPool.jp 20.81 GH/s
- coinotron 15.61 GH/s