ETC Weekly Newsletter: Dev update and more
March 16, 2017
Links To Our Community
ETC Development Report
ETCDev Team: Weekly Report
- (Geth) improve automatic builds process, everything is deployed to bintray now.
- (Geth) new versioning process, based on git describe --tags
- v.3.3.0 - Geth version
- 1 - commits count after tag creation
- gdd95f05 - commit id dd95f05
- (Geth) improved debugging service
- (Geth) NEW RELEASE
- version 3.3.0 https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases/tag/v3.3.0
- cleanup & refactoring version
- please download and test it, many things were changed since 3.2.x
- (Emerald Wallet) working implementation of RPC Connector
IOHK’s Grothendieck Team Report
- Recording of the Grothendieck Team meeting from March 14th, 2017.
The other stories featured in this newsletter are listed below:
- ETC Trust investment thesis released.
- Geth Classic - 3.3.0 released.
- New video from BitcoinMeister
- Are crypto ‘tokens’ securities?
- Proof refinement basics from IOHK research.
- Article from Dr. Seberino
- Let’s Talk ETC - Episode 10
- Two theories of bitcoin immutability.
- Bidirectional proof refinement.
- Check out ETC.today!
- Let’s talk ETC! Tuesdays at 7:30pm EST.
- ETC Monetary Policy
- ETC looking for Rust and JS developers.
- Call To Action : Help with ETC Wikipedia page.
- Community metrics detailed at the bottom of this newsletter.
Also, now that monetary policy discussion has come to a close I would like to announce some ideas for more organized discussion on the following topics
- Marketing Mondays: Marketing centric discussion and ideas.
- Treasury Tuesdays: Treasury centric debate and discussion.
- Dapper Devs Wednesdays: Dapp and development centric discussion.
- Think about it Thursdays: How can we accomplish what was discussed during the week.
- Free for all Fridays: Brainstorm/community questions/discussion open to anything.
ETC Trust investment thesis.
The ETC investment trust from Grayscale released their thesis.
Geth Classic - 3.3.0 released.
A new version of Geth Classic, 3.3.0, has just been released.
New video from BitcoinMeister featuring discussion about ETC and other blockchain topics.
Article from americanbanker.com.
“Are crypto ‘tokens’ securities?”
Article from IOHK research.
“Proof refinement basics……”
**Article from Dr. Seberino. **
“Vitalik Buterin discusses the new viper smart contract programming language.”
Let’s Talk ETC - Episode 10.
Let’s Talk ETC! (Ethereum Classic) #10 featuring Charles Hoskinson & Roman Oliynykov discussing the recently released draft of the treasury proposal.
Article discussing immutability.
“Two theories of bitcoin immutability.”
Article from IOHK research.
“Bidirectional proof refinement.”
Check out ETC.today!
Ethereum Classic Today! Your daily hit of ETC, Bitcoin, blockchain news and updates.
Let’s talk ETC! Tuesdays at 7:30pm EST.
Every Tuesday at 7:30pm EST, we will be discussing what’s going on in the ETC community and beyond. Last weeks show featured a researcher from the treasury proposal first draft that was released by IOHK recently. A link to the channel will be posted below, if you have ideas or questions please let us know. Thank you for subscribing to our latest updates and announcements!
Ethereum Classic is looking for Rust & JS developers.
Igor aka Splix is looking for talented Rust and JS developers. Full time, remote. Experienced developers, which can lead projects, make architectural decisions and help other team members to do their job. Self motivated and able to work in a distributed team on Open Source software together with the community.
“Call To Action” still in effect. Looking for community contributions for the ETC Wikipedia page.
Reddit user “bitp” has brought it to the communities attention that the “Ethereum Classic” Wikipedia link currently redirects to “Ethereum”. ETC community member /u/FaceDeer was previously a Wikipedia editor and has provided some insight on what should be done moving forward. One of his recommendations is that we start the process by adding to the Ethereum Classic section that is currently on the Ethereum Wikipedia page. ETC can then be given its own page after volunteers have submitted enough info. Please see his full post in the reddit thread linked below.
- Twitter - 32.8K followers.
- Reddit /r/EthereumClassic - 3,132 subscribers.
- Slack - 1,958 users.
- WeChat - 495 users.
- Miners - 681.05 Total GH/s
Top 5 miners by average hashrate from the previous 7 days.
- EtherMine 186.69 GH/s
- F2Pool 89.39 GH/s
- NanoPool 74.89 GH/s
- MiningPoolHub 19.00 GH/s
- NinjaPool.jp 18.48 GH/s